Personal Injury & Clinical Negligence
Tom is involved in fast and multi-track personal injury litigation for both Claimants and Defendants. Tom has a wide experience of all aspects of proceedings, from early advice on liability and the initial drafting of pleadings through to representation at trial.
Instructions frequently concern matters such as road traffic accidents, public liability, occupier’s liability and accidents at work.
Tom is experienced in all aspects of costs flowing from personal injury claims, including the provisions of the EL/PL and RTA Portals.
Tom enjoys a growing reputation for defence work where LVI and/or fraud are alleged and is regularly instructed at trial on these matters. This is in addition to notable defence work representing both social housing and private landlords.
Recent cases of interest include:
- Representing a wheelchair user in a matter concerning an accident on a bus;
- A secondary victim claim;
- Success for both Claimant and Defendant clients in a variety of LVI claims;
- An appeal concerning an ATE premium;
- Success at trial for a Claimant in a matter whereby a landlord had failed to adequately maintain an access bridge;
- A claim involving an allegation that there was a ‘phantom passenger’;
- Success for a child Claimant concerning an accident at an adventure playground.
Tom also has experience in matters arising from the negligence of medical professionals. Recent case examples include allegations of negligent removal of teeth and failure to diagnose and treat a finger injury.
Tom is happy to consider matters under a CFA where appropriate.