Sophie is a specialist practitioner, acting for both applicants and respondents in all areas of Family Law. Sophie has particular expertise in both public and private Children Law, specifically acting for local authorities, mothers, fathers, Childrens’ Guardians and other family members (such as Grandparents and step-parents). Many of her cases have involved allegations of sexual, physical or emotional abuse of children mainly arising out of alcohol/substance abuse, but also cases where domestic violence, mental health/depression, Factitious Illness Syndrome and poor cognitive ability have been issues.
Recent areas in which Sophie has been instructed are:
- The instruction of Guardians in private law cases.
- Cases involving allegations of all types of "significant harm" to minors.
- Issues arising from non-maternal family members.
- Residence and contact applications,
- Abuse Cases with interlinking criminal proceedings
- Clients with psychiatric and psychological difficulties and those with learning difficulties
- Removal of minors from the jurisdiction (both short term and permanently)
- Hostile parents