Personal Injury & Clinical Negligence
Sarah accepts instructions in all areas of personal injury work, including accidents at work, road traffic accidents, public liability disputes and holiday claims arising from The Package Travel, Package Holidays & Package Tours Regulations 1992. Sarah is regularly instructed in fast-track and multi-track trials and interlocutory hearings, including Costs and Case Management hearings.
Sarah has specific experience in the following areas:
- Road traffic accident claims, including Low Velocity Impacts and staged or induced accidents
- Credit hire- Sarah has dealt with all of the various issues that arise in such claims, including need, period, rate, the ‘Doorstep’ Regulations, late signing, offer of replacement car and so on
- Employers’ Liability- Sarah has experience of the various workplace regulations
- Public Liability
- Animals Act claims
- Highways Claims.
As well as representing clients at Court, Sarah also represents and advises clients in other forums such as at Mediations and Inquests.
Cases of interest include:
- Advising the claimant in a high value matter in an occupier’s liability claim in which the claimant suffered a serious head injury leading to a permanent psychogenic tremor
- Acting for the child claimant in an occupier’s liability claim brought against a well-known supermarket arising out of accident involving a non-secure shelving unit
- Acting for the claimant in an employers’ liability claim brought against a well-known fast food restaurant arising from a fall at work
- Acting for the claimant in a 2 day multi-track trial in a claim against a Council for a slip and trip accident. Live evidence was heard from 2 Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Acting for the claimant in a slip and trip claim brought against her local authority, as a result of which the claimant developed CRPS.
Sarah regularly advises on quantum issues and deals with all matters of pleadings including complex schedules of loss incorporating future care claims, future treatment, loss of earnings, loss of pensions and Smith v Manchester awards.
She has experience in the following areas:
- Orthopaedic Injuries and associated treatments including spinal decompression, open reduction and internal fixation, prolapses, strains
- Psychological trauma, including PTSD, depression and adjustment disorder
- Complex regional pain syndrome
- Damage caused to teeth, often necessitating future treatment
She is willing to consider instructions funded by way of a conditional fee agreement in appropriate cases.