FIELDS OF PRACTICE
Criminal Law, including commercial fraud, VAT cases involving diversion fraud and MTIC/carousel fraud, money laundering, drugs and drugs importations and historical sexual abuse. General crime including murder, manslaughter, robbery, violence, etc. Also regulatory work in road traffic/VOSA cases. Health and Safety Executive/Environment Agency cases.
- Leading junior prosecuting silks and leading juniors in “Operation cases”:-
- Conspiracy to defraud the NHS of over £1 million.
- Conspiracy to defraud HMRC of over £2 million import duty on alcohol
- Long firm fraud conspiracy to defraud over £2 million from wholesale/retail traders.
- Conspiracy to defraud elderly householders of about £1 million for “renovation building work.”
- Conspiracy to defraud about £2 million in “car cloning” case.
As junior alone:
- Defending in attempted murder x 4 case.
- Defending and prosecuting in large numbers of rape, historical sexual abuse, child rape and sex cases, armed robberies, mortgage frauds and general crime.
- Leading junior prosecuting silks and leading juniors and also defending in numerous “Operation cases” involving multi-million pound conspiracies and frauds involving MTIC/carousel cases, company frauds and long firm frauds, importation of alcohol and tobacco, diversion frauds, drugs importation, laundering red diesel and oil duty frauds, etc.
- Leading and junior alone in general crime: rape (adults and children) and historical sexual abuse cases, armed robbery, manslaughter, etc.
OTHER AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Regulatory work in transport and road traffic/VOSA cases. Health and Safety Executive/Environment Agency cases. Death by dangerous cases.
- Prosecuted a series of undercover Police Officer drugs cases in the Isle of Man.
- Defended the Commanding Officer of the Falkland Islands Defence Force in the Falkland Islands.
- Appeared on many occasions in the Court of Appeal, the Divisional Court and twice in the House of Lords.