Business & Commercial Law
Nicole advises and represents clients in both contentious and non contentious business and commercial matters. Her experience includes:
- Contractual disputes & agency
- Debt recovery
- Misrepresentation, undue influence & duress
- Professional negligence
- Sale and supply of goods and services
Nicole also accepts instructions in non-contentious matters and has experience in drafting and advising on:
- Share holder agreements
- Manufacturing agreements
- Standard terms and conditions
- Data protection notices
In addition to the above areas, Nicole is currently developing her intellectual property practice and accepts instructions in matters relating to copyright and passing off.
Recent cases include:
- Advising and drafting a skeleton argument in relation to a claim concerning the restriction of a former employee’s use of a personal LinkedIn account which involved issues of restrictive covenants and general contractual arguments.
- Advising on a claim in relation to the ownership of a domain name which involved issues of undue influence and mistake.
- Representing a leading utilities provider in relation to disputes over the supply of gas and electricity to both business and domestic properties.
- Successfully obtaining an interim injunction to restrain the presentation of a winding-up petition.
- Acting as a junior in an Arbitration concerning the faulty installation of industrial fittings.
- Drafting a defence to a claim for breach of contract and misrepresentation concerning the sale of a dentist practice.
- Advising in respect of solicitor’s negligence in advising on settlement.
- Instructed in relation to a claim for a preference under s.239 of the Insolvency Act 1986.
Articles and lectures
- Claims against joint tortfeasors, who is liable? Vanden Recycling Ltd v Kras Recycling BV  EWCA Civ 354, (May 2017)
- Illegality in the Supreme Court: Patel v Mirza  UKSC 42 (November 2016)
- Unfair terms: when am I dealing on another’s standard terms of business? (March 2016)