Emma is regularly instructed on behalf of parents, young persons, schools, academies, local authorities and Universities to advise on all aspects of Education Law including (but not limited to):
- Disability Discrimination
- Negligence within schools, including claims for inadequate educational provision
- Bullying claims
- Admissions Appeals (including infant class size appeals)
- Complex Admission Arrangements
- School Transportation
- Exclusion Appeals
- Breach of contract claims against fee-paying schools and Universities (including claims for misrepresentation)
- Claims for unpaid fees
- Deprivation of liberty safeguarding orders
- Academic appeals
Emma has recently delivered lectures and training to local authorities, governing bodies and parents on the recent changes to SEN law as implemented by the Children and Families Act 2014. She has also recently lectured to experts on the topic of the implications of the Care Act 2014 in the field of Education Law.
Prior to joining the bar, Emma was as Teaching Assistant in a school for children with disabilities. She has recently been appointed as a Governor at that school, which provides her with a useful and practical insight into this area of law. Emma also worked as a Care Assistant in a residential home for adults with disabilities for a number of years.