Business & Commercial Law
Charlotte acts for claimants and defendants/respondents in the following types of claim:
- Breach of fiduciary duty by directors and/or senior employees
- Restrictive covenants and breaches of confidentiality (including the making or resisting of applications for injunctive relief)
- Breach of contract (including disputes relating to bonuses and share options)
- Partnership disputes
- Disputes in the LLP context
- First Tier (Tax) Tribunal work in cases involving withheld VAT repayments/ MTIC/ goods or vehicles seized for non-payment of excise duty
Charlotte acts for both claimants and defendants/respondents in claims involving restrictive covenants, breach of fiduciary duty, fraud, bonus disputes and shareholder disputes. Her instructions come from a number of sources including the pharmaceutical sector, the restaurant business and the hospitality sector.
Charlotte has acted on behalf of HMRC in VAT appeals involving MTIC fraud. She has appeared on behalf of appellants and HMRC in restoration appeals involving the seizure of goods or vehicles for in cases involving suspected fraud (particularly, but not exclusively, diversion fraud). She also undertakes condemnation appeals in similar cases.