Audrey Archer is an enthusiastic Family practitioner. She is thorough in her preparation, possesses excellent client-care skills, and is an experienced and skilled advocate.
Audrey accepts instructions in a range of Family work:
Matrimonial Finance and Divorce
- Financial orders under s25 of the Matrimonial Causes Act 1973;
- Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996;
- Interlocutory applications for maintenance pending suit and s37 injunctions to prevent dissipation and to recover hidden assets;
- Transfer of tenancy;
- Overseas assets;
- Third parties, usually in-laws, intervening in ancillary relief proceedings;
- Applications for provision for children under the Children Act 1989 Sch 1;
- Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependents) Act 1975.
Private Law Children
Audrey has experience of cases involving, for example, child arrangements in relation to general contact issues, where the child lives and how much time the child spends with each parent, prohibited steps and specific issue orders. She also has a keen interest in cases involving issues concerning the removal of children from the jurisdiction, abduction and financial applications for children, and cases that have an international dimension.
Non-Molestation and Occupation proceedings
Audrey has acted in a number of cases involving the application, and response, to orders sought under the Family Law Act. She has experience of fully contested final hearings in respect of Occupation and non-molestation orders.
Public Law Children
Audrey has acted in Care Proceedings involving the Local Authority applying for adoption orders in respect of the subject Children. She accepts instructions from local authorities, respondents (both parents and grandparents) and children’s guardians. She has a particular interest in dealing with cases involving significant harm from neglect, severe emotional abuse causing psychological damage to children, and cases involving serious physical harm.
Audrey has undertaken a number of pro-bono cases, including cases involving the application of The Family Law Act, The Children Act and The Matrimonial Causes Act 1973.
Audrey is a member of the Family Law Bar Association.