Property & Chancery
Christopher has advised and represented clients on matters ranging from residential possession to boundary disputes and nuisance claims. He also has experience of drafting notices, schedules and pleadings in relation to these matters.
Landlord and Tenant
- Commercial and residential landlord and tenant disputes
- Possession hearings
Rent arrears and service charges
- Boundary disputes
Notable and Ongoing Cases
- Mortgage possession case on behalf of mortgagor involving claims of mis-selling, economic duress and misrepresentation by mortgagee.
- 4 day boundary dispute involving witness evidence going back 50 years as well as expert and stereoscopic photographic evidence. Interpretation of conveyances, adverse possession, demarcating boundaries by agreement.
- Nuisance, rule in Rylands v Fletcher. Extent of damages caused by publican discharging septic tanks on nearby agricultural land.
- Damages arising from disrepair. Dispute between leaseholder and freeholder as to responsibility for balcony. Interpretation of lease.
- Service charges. Whether lack of payments from tenants entitled owner to provide reduced service. Whether contractual provisions overrode small claims costs provisions.