- Asset and Tax Recovery
- Business & Commercial Law
- Direct Access
- Education Law
- Employment and Equalities
- Personal Injury & Clinical Negligence
- Property & Chancery
- Public Law & Regulatory
- Sports Law
- Technology & Construction
LATEST NEWS - The Intellectual Property (Unjustified Threats) Act 2017 has received Royal Assent
11th May 2017
The Intellectual Property (Unjustified Threats) Act 2017 received Royal Assent on 27 April 2017. The Act is expected to come into force in the Autumn ... read more
Victoria joined 3PB in 2009 having previously practised at a leading IP set and worked at a boutique media law firm.
Her IP practice covers all aspects of copyright, trade marks, designs, passing off, database rights and breach of confidence actions. She has extensive experience in the High Court, Patents County Court including applications for interim relief.
Victoria has been involved in advising major organisations in the film and music industries in relation to copyright matters and has advised and represented many other companies and individuals including well known cosmetic and fashion labels, publishers and brand owners in relation to their IPRs. Victoria frequently advises and represents clients in employee competition cases dealing with breach of confidence, database rights, and restrictive covenants.
- Representing a well-known online fashion brand in High Court proceedings for trade mark infringement and passing off.
- Representing and advising a financial services provider in High Court actions for breach of confidence, database right infringement and breach of contract against former employees.
- Representing and advising a software/database service provider in a claim for copyright infringement and breach of confidence against a well-known online betting and gaming company.
- Representing and advising a well-known directory in a trade mark infringement dispute in the Patents County Court.
- Representing and advising a manufacturer in relation to County Court proceedings involving design right, breach of confidence and breach of contract.
- Advising a well-known British brand in relation to Opposition proceedings at OHIM.
- National Guild of Removers and Storers Ltd v Alliance Removals and Storers Ltd and Barrett* (September 2011- Patents County Court)
- Redwood Tree Services Ltd v Warren Aspey t/a Redwood Tree Surgeons*  EWPCC 014
- Freshtime UK Ltd* v Wayne  EWHC 3639 (Ch)
- PPL* v Gough  All ER (D) 255 (Oct)
- Coty Prestige Lancaster Group GmbH and Anor* v Beauty Collection (London) Ltd  EWHC 3087 (Ch);  All ER (D) 388
* denotes which party Victoria acted for
- Copinger and Skone James on Copyright (15th Edn) – Contributor
- The Modern Law of Trade Marks (2nd Edition) – Contributor
- The Community Trade Mark Handbook (Release No.9 2006) – Contributor
- The Community Designs Handbook – Contributor
- Photographs, privacy & public places E.I.P.R. 2007 29(9) 257-361
- Smell-alike: a bed of roses or a crown of thorns? NLJ Vol. 156 p.1862
- Two bites of the cherry? NLJ Vol. 156 p.942 (co-author Jeremy Reed)
- What Constitutes a Copyright Work - Does it Really Matter?  ENT.L.R. Vol16 No.5 129
- Musical Works: Out with the old and in with the new?  ENT.L.R. Vol.16 No. 489
Victoria has been a tutor on the commercial option of the Bar Vocational Course at Nottingham law school.
She frequently speaks at commercially organised seminars/lectures and has recently given talks on the Patents County Court (practice and procedure); the overlap between copyright and designs) and Intellectual Property in an insolvency context.